Monday, February 7, 2011

Parental Tip :D


Parenting tips!


I saw my neighbor several weeks ago. She was angry to her daughter badly just because she asked her Mom to take her to Books Rental near my neighborhood. For all I knew, she did it because she was just too lazy to take her daughter. I think I'll be this kinda Mum someday, and I wish someone will remind me how big READING is.

Another thing that I need to tell you is Life is all about learning, with doing so you'll never got bored, never misled, and never be screwed. That's why I'm concern so much in Indonesia Education. I'd like to make children understand that reading is needed, reading is a must. They can even start it from the simplest thing like comics.

source: http://www.balita-anda.com/images/stories/artikel/20101103/www.balita-anda.com-gadis_kr_api.gif

Since reading is addictive they will crave for more reading objects. Believe me parents, comics is not always bad. I even started to read comics when I was 4. Well, I wasnt read them, more to watching the pictures and they were Hans Christian Andersen's. Somehow when I grew older, I can remember what the book was about, because I can still remember clearly that I told the stories to my younger siblings.

And I jumped into novel when I was 10 years old, and believe the novel was about the haunted house, the exorcism of a beautiful girl, lover’s murderer and more other similar over-dramatized books. I read it not because I like that kind of story, just because those were all that available to be read.

What so interesting about it is my Mother let me rent those books. What a cool Mom she was, She still is. Because I’m all filled with Christensen's tales I chose those books, It was for atleast 'Parental Advisory' kind of books. But that worked out just fine, as long as they're books they'll give you infos right?
source: http://www.thebathtub.net/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/09/goosebumps.jpg


Thankfully, after those books, the Book Rental provided 'Goosebumps' books by R.L. Stine. Then continued with 'FEARSTREET' also by Stine, teenage magz, and I've also read comics a lil bit. (The level was very awkward for 10 y.o., I know) I read this book with monster on its cover.

What I'm trying to say is, do not ever restrict your children to read or watch TV n dvds, since they have a lot of good effects on them in the future. But, parental guide will always be needed of course!!! :)







No comments: